Search This Blog

Friday, February 25, 2011

Anna Moore Doll from 1976

This is the kind of thing I love about what I do.  I love to learn about something new, like this doll.  I went to an estate sale of a vintage doll collector last week. I thought this doll was Sindy, from England.  But when I got her home and started to list her for sale, I found that she has a head mark of 036001X.  That's not a Sindy head marking.  It's close, but that isn't it.  So I googled her head mark and found that belongs to a doll called Anna Moore, made by Pedigree, like Sindy. She's about 9 inches tall, platinum blonde hair styled in a flip.  She has a multitude of joints, similar to how Dinamite, by Mego was made.   Then I found some information on her from a website, 
http://www.modelhorsegallery.info/p/p-companies/mhcs_pedigree.html, and learned that my doll was actually wearing her original outfit.  The outfit is marked Mego, which confused me originally.  But Mego made the bodies of these dolls and the head was made by Pedigree, the folks who brought us Sindy.  This doll was based on Anne Moore, an Olympic Equestrian team member from Great Britain in 1972.  She won a silver medal in the individual mixed jumping event.  In 1976, Pedigree created a Happytime set with Anna Moore and her horse, Psalm.   Anna was sold wearing a yellow shirt, tan jodhpurs,  black short boots and a black riding hat.  That's what this doll is wearing, sadly I don't have her horse.  She's not the most attractive doll, but apparently the doll had lots of horse related accessories available for purchase. So now that I've learned what I can about her, I'll be selling her :-) 

Often I'll buy a doll, like this one, not really knowing much about her, but just liking the doll.  Then I learn about her as I write her up to sell.    

1 comment:

  1. The range was called 'The champions' and Happytime was the name of the dolls horse.

    ReplyDelete